This is another fast meal you can make on the grill instead of in a hot kitchen. The marinade/dressing for the steak is phenomenal. It really brings out the sweetness of the peaches and helps the flavors meld together perfectly. My peaches took a while to grill, so I would suggest putting them on the grill before the meat, which will cook quite quickly. You could easily add the peaches and steak to some lettuce, with a sprinkle of blue cheese and you would have any amazing salad.
Grilled Skirt Steak & Peaches
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 small shallot
- 1 jalapeño, halved and seeded
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons gluten free tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup very hot water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 4 peaches, halved and pitted
- In a blender, puree the garlic, bay leaf, shallot, jalapeño, lemon zest and juice, soy sauce and thyme until combined. With the blender on, slowly pour in 1/2 cup of the canola oil and puree until smooth. Season the marinade with salt and pepper. Pour half of the marinade into a shallow baking dish, add the skirt steak and turn to coat. Let the skirt steak stand for 20 minutes. Add the Dijon mustard to the remaining dressing and blend. Transfer the dressing to a small bowl.
- Meanwhile, light a grill. In a small saucepan, combine the water with the honey, cinnamon and ginger and let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a bowl along with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and the peaches.
- Drain excess marinade off the skirt steak. Generously season the steaks with salt and pepper and grill them over high heat, 6 to 7 minutes, turning once, for medium-rare meat. At the same time, grill the peach halves, turning them frequently, until they are charred in spots and softened, about 8 minutes. Cut the peaches into wedges and thinly slice the steaks. Transfer to plates and serve, passing the dressing on the side.