Everyone loves a Cobb salad. It’s always been one of my favorites. It’s probably not a salad many make at home. Around these parts there seem to be some variation of the salad on just about every restaurant menu. I realized I had all the ingredients I like in the salad on hand, so I decided to make it for lunch one day. There are hardboiled eggs in the original, I however, do not like hardboiled eggs. So I left them out. One of the benefits of making things at home, is you get to decided exactly what goes in and what stays out of a meal.
Cobb Salad for Two
- 2 slices of prosciutto
- 1 bag of mixed salad greens
- 1 large cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- Pre-heat oven to 350F/180C. Place a small cooling rack on a baking sheet. Put prosciutto on the rack. When oven is heated, place prosciutto in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until crispy.
- Rinse the salad greens and dry. Divide the salad between two bowls or plates.
- Divide the rest of the ingredients and add to the salad bowls.
- Serve with ranch or a balsamic vinaigrette dressing.