Yesterday was a lazy Sunday on a Monday. It was nice. I didn’t really feel like doing too much work in the kitchen after all the cooking I did over the weekend. This was the perfect lazy dish. I basically opened the cupboard and the fridge and just grabbed whatever sounded good at the moment and ended up with a delicious (and easy) breakfast/brunch.
This would be perfect to make for breakfast on New Year’s day. Anyone could manage to pull this dish off, even if they have had a bit too much New Year’s merriment the night before.
Boursin Baked Eggs with Tomatoes & Spinach
- olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- garlic powder, to taste
- 2-14.5 ounce cans of diced tomatoes (I used fire roasted)
- 2 huge handfuls of baby spinach, rinsed
- 1 package of Boursin cheese of choice (I used Shallot & Chive)
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 425F/220C. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add onion and sauté until lightly caramelized.
- When onions are starting to caramelize, add in garlic powder and tomatoes. Stir to mix together. Add in spinach and allow to wilt.
- Add in Boursin and stir until melted. Remove pan from heat and pour contents into a large baking dish with tall sides.
- Crack eggs one at a time, keeping yolks whole.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes. (I don’t like runny yolks, so I baked mine for 25 minutes.)
- Serve and enjoy!