This was a quick and easy side quasi-based on stir fried tofu, but with mushrooms. It was a great recipe that stood alone, but I could also see using these mushrooms as a sauce over tofu or even steak.
Asian Mushroom Sauté
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced thick
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped scallion
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or gluten free tamari
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Simmer mushrooms, ginger, garlic, and scallions in broth on medium high heat until the mushrooms are soft. Season with soy sauce, and pepper.