I made this quick and delicious curry for lunch the other day. Start to finish, it too about 20 minutes. It would have taken less if I had read the ingredient list before hand and realized that the potato was meant to be cooked, but it still turned out to be great. I added some chopped red and green onion for some extra flavor and I also accidentally dumped in about 4 times as much cayenne as I wanted. The pepper definitely was noticeable, but not overwhelming at all.
Corn, Tomato & Potato Curry (adapted from this recipe)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium cooked waxy potato, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 2 medium tomato, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1-4 oz. can of green chiles
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 3 ounces coconut milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the mustard and 1/2 teaspoon of the cumin seeds. Cook until fragrant, add the garlic and potatoes. Cook, stirring often, until the potatoes turn golden.
- Add the tomato, cilantro and green chile. Cook for 1-2 minutes longer, then add the corn and stir to combine. Add coconut milk, salt, and lemon juice. Stir and bring to a simmer, then cover and cook until the corn is cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!